What is hormone optimization?
Hormone optimization uses hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to bring levels of hormones, such as testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone, back to optimal levels in the body. The goal of hormone therapy is to alleviate symptoms associated with hormonal imbalances, such as fatigue, low libido, and depression, and to improve overall health and well-being. Therefore, Individuals who have experienced a decline in hormone levels due to aging, chemicals in our environment, or other factors typically use hormonal treatment.
Hormone optimization is done under the supervision of a healthcare provider, who will monitor hormone levels and adjust treatment as needed.
“Functional medicine helps to understand the cause of the disease and apply the right tool, at the right time, for the right patient, at the right dose” Mark Hyman, MD
At Ultimate Preventive Care we use Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
BHRT is a type of hormone replacement therapy that uses hormones identical in molecular structure to the hormones produced by the human body.
Since the structure of BHRT is identical to the ones produced by your body, It is considered more natural than traditional hormone replacement therapy.
Bioidentical hormone therapy comes from natural sources. It is customized to the individual patient, which can lead to better outcomes.
Our approach is simple....
- Physical examination: Our healthcare provider will conduct a physical exam and take note of any signs or symptoms that are related to a hormone deficiency. For example, any changes in skin, hair, or nails or changes in body fat distribution.
- Laboratory testing for hormone replacement: We use a blood test to measure hormone levels. Standard blood tests include testosterone and estrogen levels in men and women, thyroid hormone levels, and cortisol levels. Specific testing help identifies the cause of the deficiency, such as thyroid function tests, prolactin levels, etc.
- Patient history: Our healthcare provider will ask you questions about your medical history. For instance, any medications you are taking, any previous hormone-related conditions, and any symptoms you are experiencing.
- Optimize thyroid function: Thyroid hormones regulate metabolism. Therefore, an underactive thyroid can lead to weight gain and fatigue.
- Optimize insulin function: Insulin regulates blood sugar levels and helps to control weight. Consequently, high levels of insulin can lead to weight gain and fatigue.
- Optimize testosterone levels: Testosterone is the hormone of muscle mass, energy levels, and libido in men. Men with low testosterone may experience weight gain, fatigue, and low libido.
- Optimize estrogen levels: Estrogen is a hormone involved in weight regulation and libido in women. Women with low estrogen levels may experience weight gain, fatigue, and low libido.
- Optimize cortisol levels: Cortisol is a hormone that plays a role in stress response and weight regulation. For that reason, high cortisol levels can lead to weight gain and fatigue.
What people say about us...
25+ Google Reviews... Read what our customers are saying about us.
Our simple 4-Step process...
1. Schedule a consultation with one of our practitioners
2. If we are a fit, we will come to your home for a further health assessment and precision diagnostics
3.We will meet again to explain results and together we will develop a treatment plan
4. Start to feel better and happier
(754) 777-9494 (call or text)
Cities We Serve
Parkland, FL - Coral Springs, FL
Boca Raton, FL - Deerfield Beach, FL
Delray Beach, FL - Lighthouse Point, FL
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
After hours and weekends: members only